After getting back downtown, I was in the office, and then realized it was after 11PM which is the time that the laundry facility closes. I was startled by this because it would mean that I would be without clothes for my trip since they don't open until after I would be on the road to the airport. Fortunately, the person who was cleaning stayed late (the first time I've ever seen anyone stay late in 5 years). Usually they close the doors early since the last load must be in by 9:30 PM and if nobody is around by 10PM or 10:30 PM they figure they can just close up shop. In the past, when I missed getting my clothes at night, they were already stolen by morning when I arrived.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Update. For the next hour to two hours, I'll be upgrading my phones to the new 2.0 operating system for iPhone. Until then, I won't be taking any phone calls. Also, my computer systems are migrating in preparation for travel. Apple announced yesterday the move to the new MobileMe online service, which requires installing new software on the desktop and notebook computers for compatibility. So, I'm upgrading those now in the final hours before I need to go to sleep before leaving for my flight early in the morning.
This Evening. I have quite a few tasks remaining for the evening:
- purchase a large suitcase
- transfer all files and notes from my desktop computer over to my notebook computer -- anything I might need to refer to over the next few weeks, particularly for catching up on invoicing
- pack for departure tomorrow morning
- setup my notebook computer so that it can be the primary system for use over the next three weeks, this involves several things required to make the notebook the primary synchronization system for the iPhones
- upgrade the notebook computer to be functional with the new MobileMe service from Apple