Saturday, July 12, 2008

Upgrading Phones, 20080712sa1743

Update. For the next hour to two hours, I'll be upgrading my phones to the new 2.0 operating system for iPhone. Until then, I won't be taking any phone calls. Also, my computer systems are migrating in preparation for travel. Apple announced yesterday the move to the new MobileMe online service, which requires installing new software on the desktop and notebook computers for compatibility. So, I'm upgrading those now in the final hours before I need to go to sleep before leaving for my flight early in the morning.

This Evening. I have quite a few tasks remaining for the evening:

  • purchase a large suitcase
  • transfer all files and notes from my desktop computer over to my notebook computer -- anything I might need to refer to over the next few weeks, particularly for catching up on invoicing
  • pack for departure tomorrow morning
  • setup my notebook computer so that it can be the primary system for use over the next three weeks, this involves several things required to make the notebook the primary synchronization system for the iPhones
  • upgrade the notebook computer to be functional with the new MobileMe service from Apple
Phone Calls and Emails. Until I'm fully packed and ready to go, I'll be ignoring all incoming phone calls and emails. Just send me an email, and I'll try to get back to you in the next 24 hours. Sorry for the delay.