Sunday, July 13, 2008

Confirming that new iPhone software is working, 20080713su0408

New iPhone Software. I'm planning to rely heavily on my iPhones over the next few weeks for communications. On 11 July 2008, Apple introduced new iPhone software. Even users of the older phones needed to upgrade to the new software. The new software provides significant improvements to the older phones including: full integration with MobileMe (www.me.com), Applications support for new iPhone programs, a scientific calculator with advanced functions (accessed by turning the iPhone on its side for landscape viewing), support for multiple calendars allowing selective viewing of one or all calendars, push email (immediate notification of new email), push calendar (additions or changes are pushed to every enabled device), and more. The software seems to be working okay.

Packing bags and then getting sleep. I have about two hours left before I need to leave for the airport. I'm starting to get a little tired, yet my bags aren't packed yet. So, I need to pack, and then, as time permits, maybe get 30 to 60 minutes of sleep.

Food. I've had three Clif bars so far today (in the early hours of the morning). They seem to provide plenty of vegan nutrition and a natural level of energy (unlike candy bars) that I need right now for getting everything packed and ready to go.